NEWS

BREED OF THE MONTH: BRITTANY SPANIELS!
The next ones will be sometime on the first week of the next month! Learn about the type of breed and some fun facts about them! Scroll to the bottom to view some pictures.

REQUEST?
NEW!!! Do you have a request for a post? Read the box next to the posts for more information.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Perdida: True Story Tuesday

Angelica Thuy Mi Bogris

When I was eight, I went to a party in Brazil with my parents's friend. I noticed a moving object under the table while we were eating. It was the cutest and skinniest puppy I had ever seen. I was hesitant to pick it up, for it might have had fleas or ticks. My parents's friend said the puppy had been abandoned at their doorstep that day in a shoe box. The poor thing! I couldn't help but caress it, comfort it...

I slowly reached down and picked it up. It didn't move at all. I held it in my arms until the party was over. I almost cried while holding her. Yes, we realized it was a her. I grew a love for her that I will never forget. I don't even know why. It was just a dog, I thought. With the owners's help, I named her Perdida. It means the lost one.

Now, Perdida is a full-grown dog with five pups. She lives happily with her husband and kids in Brazil. I wonder if she still remembers me...

No comments:

Post a Comment